Auditions will take place in Australia and New Zealand, in May 2017, as follows:
Melbourne: Saturday 6th & Sunday 7th May, Melba Hall, Melbourne Conservatorium
Brisbane: Sunday 14th May, Ian Hanger Recital Hall, Qld Conservatorium
Sydney: Saturday 20th & Sunday 21st May, Theme & Variations Showroom, Willoughby
Auckland: Saturday 27th & Sunday 28th, School of Music, University of Auckland
Applicants will be expected to prepare and play from memory:
- A virtuoso study from Round 1, and
- A first movement of a classical sonata from Round 2; and
- A piece from the list specified for Round 2; and
- A major work from Round 3; and
- The first movement of the concerto the contestant has nominated to play in Round 4.
Applicants will be responsible for providing their own accompanists and the costs of travelling to and from auditions and for associated living expenses.
Applicants who are overseas at the time must provide high-quality video of their performance, along with certified verification of the performance no later than Friday 12 May 2017.